Give Thanks Today - Rubbish
I just read an interesting article about how wrong it is to let a holiday dictate to us to “give thanks today“. I agree – it’s rubbish! Most of us are thankful every day, aren’t we?
So, why am I posting this today? I don’t know, maybe I’m more grateful today than usual! Every morning, I’m grateful for my family, that I have a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in and a shower with running hot water. Every night, I’m thankful that everyone came home safely and another day was spent well.
Today, I am grateful in particular for the technology that allows me to do what I love and to connect with people that I probably would have never met otherwise.
Today, I am grateful for family, friends and clients in my life who
- appreciate and/or question my logic
- critique me in an honest and constructive way
- trust me enough to let my creativity flow
- broaden my horizon by exchanging knowledge and ideas freely
- encourage me when I’m fearful or insecure
- slow me down when I’m too exubarant
I can only hope that I give back as much or more than I receive!
What are you grateful for? Maybe not just today, but every day?